We welcome new members from all outdoor backgrounds
About Us

GROUP ACCOMMODATION

Yorkshire Dales

Up to 32 bunks available

Read More

TRY CAVING

Regular Try Caving Events

Try for the first time or making a return?

Read More

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the area for all the YSS trip reports only please
  • Page:

TOPIC: Diccan Pot 2019-11-15

Diccan Pot 2019-11-15 25 Nov 2019 21:49 #19655

• Ales Hrabec
  • Ales Hrabec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 231
After a few of cups of tea and a few changes of plans we finally opted for Diccan Pot since the weather was recently quite wet but dry on this day. A perfect recipe for great, sporty conditions in Diccan. Josh, a permanent resident at YSS, also joined which helped with the tackle :)

We quickly packed the ropes, paid obligatory pound at Selside farm, got changed in relatively nice weather and off we went. Despite a few Keth's attempt to push us to rig, he had to rig all the pitches. But I'm sure he liked it :) I particularly enjoyed his swinging in one of the last pitches to catch a spit for the next rebelay. The conditions were quite wet and very drafty so it was better not to hang around anyway. After a quick look at the sump pool, we climbed towards the daylight at the bottom of Alumn. Being cold, we quickly set off. I was priviliged to derig and to enjoy some swinging too.

A great trip in such conditions and it was good to be back beneath the Yorkshire Dales after some time! Thanks Keith and Josh for the company :)
Time under ground: 3ish hours?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iball

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: