Remember me
This is the area for all the YSS trip reports only please

Topic

Nick Pot 10th July 2021 12 Jul 2021 16:18 #20369

• stuartw's Avatar Topic Author
  • stuartw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This little hole has long been on my hit list, I've never done it, so after lots and lots of tea to recover from an accidental (small) party gatecrashed in Ingleton the previous evening, I met up with my caving bubble at the hut on Saturday morning and we drank lots more tea while debating weather forecasts and wildly varying rigging guide/ various reported rope lengths.
Rope packed it was now lunchtime almost - so after a 2nd breakfast we went off and dropped Nick Pot via Thornbers Entrance and the P hangered route around the Traverse in the Gods, then we had a look in Sulber Pot.
Full report to follow in the newsletter.
StuW.  & Lisa W.
A couple of hours caving on what turned out to be a lovely day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iball

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nick Pot 10th July 2021 12 Jul 2021 16:38 #20370

• iball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Will you be mentioning what rope length s you went for in the newsletter?

Nick Pot 10th July 2021 19 Jul 2021 11:08 #20374

• stuartw's Avatar Topic Author
  • stuartw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I can, if I can remember - we used a combination of 9mm which we had and was the nearest fit, but it meant a change of rope at the rebelay little ledge part way down the big pitch.
So we had 39m (Lisa's rope) for the entrance pitch (needs 35m), 42m (my rope) along the ledge and part way down the big pitch then the 80m (club rope) for the rest of it, bearing in mind a bit of allowance on the ropes too. But since some of it (Traverse in the Gods) was already double rigged, I didn't prove that these lengths actually worked out  - they should have in theory, but didn't add another rope to the crowded hangers of the traverse. Being just 2 of us we tried to balance the bags into two 80m loads which I'm pretty sure would have worked well, the disclaimer being that we didn't try it and used the in situ ropes where doubled up already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iball

• Page:

About

There are many club organised caving weekends, with a mixture of easy and difficult caving.  Over the past few years we have given lots of people the opportunity to experience caving with our "Try Caving" events.  These are quite popular and quite a few people have subsequently joined the club. We have YSS members caving most weekends so it is easy for new cavers to tag onto the easier caving trips and find people to help with more training.

Old School House
Austwick Road
Helwith Bridge
North Yorkshire
BD24 0EH

Sorry, this website uses features that your browser doesn’t support. Upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge and you’ll be all set.

Color: "#89a2ae";