Remember me
This is the area for all the YSS trip reports only please

Topic

Notts Pot - 24th January 26 Jan 2009 19:45 #797

• Topic Author
  • dweare
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If I'd been told in advance that 12 people were going to go down the same route in Notts Pot and that I was still going to make it out in time for the AGM, I'd have assumed they were having a laugh. However, everyone's timing seemed to be perfect and that is precisely what happened without anyone having to wait long for anyone else ... result!

I chose the Twilight Zone because it's far and away my favourite route and nobody else seemed bothered. I rigged down, closely followed by Rich and Bez. No sooner had they arrived, than Smudge and Chris also landed by our side having had a straight run to the bottom. Perfect timing!

The ladies has decided to keep a healthy distance and avoid any tackle-carrying duties, so we about-turned. Just as I was finishing derigging the first bag, we met 4 more eager cavers coming towards us. \"Pass us the bag and we'll pop to the bottom, derig and bring you the tackle at the Dinner later.\", they said. My day just got even better, as I found myself back on the surface without a tackle sack in sight. Heroes!

Party 1: Damian & Fiona Weare, \"Bez\" and Isla Bezancon, Rich Rae, Emma Beecroft, Smudge & Chris Tate
Party 2: Dave Ottewell & (I think) Mike Bottomley, Sam Allshorn plus another random caver shining a light in my face!
Time: ~3hrs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Notts Pot - 24th January 26 Jan 2009 20:22 #798

• newsletter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What he forgot to add was that, while most of us were enjoying ourselves at the dinner, a few kind souls were busy sorting the kit. Big thanks are due, saved the rest of us a lot of work.

Re:Notts Pot - 24th January 27 Jan 2009 13:43 #799

• bezenconi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What you missed as you went off to rig was Chris discovering new life forms on his furry suit, following several unwashed weeks in a tackle bag. Needless to say we all kept a safe olfactory distance from Chris throughout the trip. It was timed extremely well and we were able to descend and ascend without waiting for, or holding any people up! Though there was some highly amusing faffing as myself and Fiona tried to get out of the cave using our gear, only to find Emma easily climb out with the handline with no problem at all.:silly:

Re:Notts Pot - 24th January 29 Jan 2009 18:30 #813

• christ8
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think it was Tom clayton.

Re:Notts Pot - 24th January 30 Jan 2009 14:48 #815

• iwalker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
the tom in question is tom baker of ulsa, see
www.ulsa.org.uk/rants/rant.php?rant_id=672

Re:Notts Pot - 24th January 30 Jan 2009 14:50 #816

• iwalker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
aah, armchair caving. haven't been out for a month! :( :(

• Page:

About

There are many club organised caving weekends, with a mixture of easy and difficult caving.  Over the past few years we have given lots of people the opportunity to experience caving with our "Try Caving" events.  These are quite popular and quite a few people have subsequently joined the club. We have YSS members caving most weekends so it is easy for new cavers to tag onto the easier caving trips and find people to help with more training.

Old School House
Austwick Road
Helwith Bridge
North Yorkshire
BD24 0EH

Sorry, this website uses features that your browser doesn’t support. Upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge and you’ll be all set.

Color: "#89a2ae";