Remember me
This is the area for all the YSS trip reports only please

Topic

Lancaster Hole (6 April 2024) 09 Apr 2024 20:06 #21686

• Topic Author
  • dchadwick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Although the trip on the meets list was Corky's, in view of the weather, we decided that something else would be a safer option.
Stu had booked Bar Pot as either a possible through trip or a drier alternative. Paul, Janis & Fran headed off to look at that.
Ade, Richard & Dave went for a look at Magic Roundabout.
We booked Lancaster Hole and headed over to Bull Pot Farm to change and walk to the cave. There was a reasonable number of cars outside the farm, so we were expecting the cave to be busy.
We were the first ones in & we headed straight to Arson Shaft via the high level route.
Ade went up first and successfully negotiated the awkward window, Dave followed, but was unable to get through the window & so went back down to let Richard have a go (passing at the rebelay).
Richard got through and they wandered up to have a look at Aquarius Pot before returning. They reported that there was another pinch point on the way to the pot which I may not have fitted through.
We then went to look at the Colonnades (which Richard had not seen) before heading down to the Graveyard (where Richard was still unable to get signal on his phone).
Both Ade & I had both been to the Graveyard about 20 years ago & I had forgotten how many formations there were.
Having looked in as many corners of the graveyard as we wanted to, we headed out.

Trip Time: About 4.5 hours
All the underground photos are from the graveyard,

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lancaster Hole (6 April 2024) 09 Apr 2024 20:29 #21687

• tonycredland
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Good call 're Corky's.......I remember 're de-rigging under a waterfall with no where to hide :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:

About

There are many club organised caving weekends, with a mixture of easy and difficult caving.  Over the past few years we have given lots of people the opportunity to experience caving with our "Try Caving" events.  These are quite popular and quite a few people have subsequently joined the club. We have YSS members caving most weekends so it is easy for new cavers to tag onto the easier caving trips and find people to help with more training.

Old School House
Austwick Road
Helwith Bridge
North Yorkshire
BD24 0EH

Sorry, this website uses features that your browser doesn’t support. Upgrade to a newer version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge and you’ll be all set.

Color: "#89a2ae";